Feb 12, 2013

I Will Build a Mishkan in my Heart

In honor of this week's parsha, Teruma, in which the Jewish people are told to contribute towards the building of the Mishkan and which provides detailed descriptions of how the Mishkan and the keilim are to be constructed, here is a classic song from the 70's composed by Shmuel Brazil that you can listen to: Bilvavi

בלבבי משכן אבנה להדר כבודו, ובמשכן מזבח אשים לקרני הודו, ולנר תמיד אקח לי את אש העקידה, ולקרבן אקריב לו את נפשי, את נפשי היחידה(Sefer Charedim)

English Translation:

In my heart i will erect a Mishkan
to glorify His honor
In the Mishkan i will place an alter
to acknowledge His splendor
And as the eternal light i will take to me
the fire of the Akaidah
And as a sacrifice i will bring forth my soul
my soul the Yechidah (the highest level of the soul)

No comments:

Post a Comment